Monday, February 24, 2014

RSBC Week 3

This week I was preoccupied with other things and my kids slept terribly.   If it wasn't for this challenge, I probably wouldn't have worked out at all. So, I guess I'm grateful to have challenged myself to do something so I don't just sit on my butt all February like normal.  This week I ran 3 miles, and swam 700 meters. 

My totals for the month so far:
Run: 10 miles
Swim: 1900 Meters

The distances for a half ironman are 13.2 mile run and 1.2 mile swim (or 1930 meters).  All I have to do is run 3.2 miles and swim 30 meters.  I think I can do it.  I might even try to bike once.  

The cooking challenge was to combine squash and chocolate.  At first I was thinking, "what? those two can't possibly go together."  Then I remembered zucchini bread, and pumpkin cookies.  I thought I would try something new though so I made some Butternut Squash Bread and added chocolate chips to it.  It was really good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment