Monday, February 10, 2014

Run Swim Bike Cook Challenge

My friend Lizzie does this Run Swim Bike Cook Challenge every year.  I've never participated in it, but I figure that since I'm planning on doing a triathlon in May, I might as well get started now.  I didn't find out about it until Thursday last week, but we'll see what I can do.  You are supposed to try and complete an iron-man within the month as well as complete a cooking challenge each week.  There is also an option to do a half iron-man and I think that's what I'll do.  I'm still a little unsure how I will work in the biking.

So here's what I did last week.  I ran  5k (3.2 miles) and swam 600 meters.  I also did a power sculpt dvd, but I'm not sure if that counts for anything.

The cooking challenge was to combine beet greens and eggs.  I kept it simple and just hard boiled a couple eggs.  I washed and cut up some beet greens and mixed it with some fresh spinach to make a salad.  I topped the salad with the cut up hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, and some ranch dressing.  It was a pretty basic salad, but it was yummy.


p.s. I'm double posting this to my update blog and my private blog so i can participate in the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment